Saturday 17 March 2012

A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE WITH AMBER



While speaking to my daughter this last week and discussing all the food that our family has loved and enjoyed over the years,  she reminded me that my spinach and feta quiche was one of her favourite meals that I used to cook for her as a teenager. I was immediately transported back to my kitchen in Cape Town and packing a picnic hamper with this quiche and heading out to the beach to enjoy quality time as a family or with good friends under a cool shady tree during the extreme heat of the summer sun.   


Sadly for me, Amber left home years ago to work in London so I do not get to see her that often but her love of  home cooked meals remains as passionate as ever.

Because she works such long hours and shares accommodation with friends,  it is not always easy or possible for her to cook or eat what she loves,  so when she homes home, the pen and paper come out and I am given a list of all the things that she wants to eat.

 As Easter is a few weeks away and Amber is coming home with Jonathan her wonderful boyfriend, I know that we will both be in the kitchen cooking up a storm





 and taking a trip down memory lane of all things wonderful and I am hoping that after just one bite of my quiche, Jonathan will turn to Amber and say he will definitely bring her home more often xx

Love The Tipsy Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment