Saturday 28 April 2012

MY HAPPY ADDICTION FOR ROSE WATER AND TURKISH DELIGHT


So say that I am addicted to Rose Water and Turkish Delight is an under statement.  I love the smell of the natural rose water and the taste of  the jelly covered in chocolate is a taste I never get tired of.  My children know that if they ever need to sweeten me up for a favour - this is the way to do it and it works every time.


I also use the natural Rose Water every day - morning and night, on my face.  The smell is beautiful and because it has no harsh chemicals, it is so gentle for your face yet it is fantastic at removing dirt.  I have been using it for such a long time and never have any problems with my skin whatsoever.  I take it with me whenever I go away and for fear of ever running out, I buy bottles and bottles are a time and the absolute bonus is that for a big bottle - costs less than £1.00.


To my excitement the last time I went to my favourite Indian supermarket, I discovered a Rose Water Syrup  which is wonderful as a cordial on a hot day with lots of iced cold water and a block of ice or two.  



This wonderful syrup got me thinking - what else could I do with it and this is what I came up with....I love rice pudding so poured some of the syrup in with the milk and when it was creamy and done and had chilled slightly, I poured over homemade chocolate sauce.   Perhaps not to everyone's taste but to mine it was heaven.


however, when I tried it in ice cream and chopped turkish delight in with it, it was an instant hit - my family absolutely loved it and my sweet little granddaughter - stopped for a little while, to allow me to take a picture of her eating it.




When you get a cute smile like that from something that you have made, it must have been OK.

Love the Tipsy Tart
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment