Monday 9 April 2012

BEER BIRD


My husband loves having a BBQ and will at any opportunity suggest we have one regardless of the weather.  We have even been known to cook outside in the snow with friends on New Year's Eve.

So when I saw this in a South African food shop, I just knew that I had to buy it for my husband for his birthday.  The idea is that you place a tin of beer (three quarter's full) inside the chicken's cavity
as the flavour of the beer leaves the chicken tasting absolutely wonderful as well as
keeping it incredibly moist.

As we had all my family for lunch yesterday for Easter Day, what better time to try it out and see if it is as good as it sounds.














 I am happy to report that not only did my husband love his birthday present but my whole family said that the chicken was absolutely wonderful.

Love the Tipsy Tart
xx





1 comment:

  1. WOW, wonderful birthday present. I have seen this done on a braai many times in SA but not with something quite as precise as this gadget.

    May Mr Tipsy have many happy events with it ♥

    ReplyDelete