Sunday 29 January 2012

ENJOYING THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE

Sitting here on a Sunday morning loving the warmth from the central heating and the quietness that comes occasionally from being on your own.    My music of choice today is Julio - whose voice I adore.  Listening to him takes me back to a time in my life where I had no responsibilities and good friends were together laughing, drinking cups of tea and coffee and smoking cigarettes until the early hours in the morning.

The weatherman said that snow is coming and I am holding my thumbs that it comes soon.  The beauty of watching falling snow is so magical and no matter how cold it gets, if you are wrapped up warm and rolling around in it, can be so pleasurable especially when you are seeing the joy and happiness through your childrens' eyes.

This is my favourite picture of my boys taken a few years ago - a son looking up to his father with such love and the arm of protection around the son from the father.

Wikipedia's definition of happiness :

 Happiness is a mental state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.[1

For me - these pictures are my definition of happiness. They fill me with intense joy that no words could describe.


"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realise they were the big things".

Happy Sunday to you all.
Love Liz

3 comments:

  1. aaaah....happiness is always found in the small, simple things in life...which are usually the most important things ....i too hope we get some snow to mess around in soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my friend! Found your blog and figured out how to join!!! Wishing you joy and happiness and don't diet too hard till after next weekend - and don't pray too hard for snow or we wont be able to come down!!! Will phone you in the week to arrange what we will bring etc. Here is to happiness x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words & pictures of your lovely family .... happiness is within you & some people will just never be happy. Embrace life & just enjoy it as you do. Have a great week ♥

    ReplyDelete